Monday, October 11, 2004

The Columbine Gap

After reading a very interesting piece on the Columbine police cover-up written by Alan Prendergast (once again, in my sister paper the Denver Westword), I wrote Alan to ask him about recommending to me the definative Columbine book.
There is no such book, according to Alan (and my own looking around). This strikes me as a huge shame. It's been five years after the massacre, and (as both Alan and Dave Cullen have pointed out) huge public misconceptions about the crime.
Let's not leave it to Michael Moore to define this event (no matter how you feel about Bowling for Columbine, it certainly can't be seen as a film about the shootings). Come on, somebody step up to the plate and write the book that needs to be written!
Related Reading: this news site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home