Monday, May 09, 2005

Daredevil v Rednecks Part 4

I'm continuing to punish myself by reading the Daredevil: Redemption series, now in its fourth (out of six) issue. I've gone on and on about how much I dislike writer David Hine's fictional take on the West Memphis 3, so I won't go overboard again. But let's see if I can fit every redneck stereotype Hine indulges in this issue into one sentence:

Just before the book burning by morally outraged religious freaks (along with a toothless super-freak)is observed by the corrupt sheriff, a monstrously fat woman reveals that a family member had sex with her that resulted in her inbred son, whose existence shocks the charismatic preacher.

No, seriously. Once again, I call you out, David Hine. That's just fucking lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home