Thursday, June 16, 2005

Choose Your Own Manson

Earlier this week Henry Garfield over at Extreme Politics gave me a few belated birthday presents in the form of the rather new feature film The Manson Family and the old documentary Manson. From our brief discussions, I gather that I liked The Manson Family more than Garfield did. Although sometimes bloated with artsy farts, I thought it was a pretty good film. It reaches such a manic state at the end that you can almost understand why the family did what it did. Also, the choice to push Manson into the background was interesting.

As Garfield pointed out before I watched the film, the actor who plays Manson in the film isn't that great. But it's a difficult role. So, here's the game: who would you cast to play Charles Manson in a film? Here's my choice:

Gary Oldman


"Write something witchy." Posted by Hello


I pretty much think this is it. The man has played Sid Vicious, Dracula and Lee Harvey Oswald. He can act, he can do manic, he can envelope himself in a role. Who could be better? You tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home