Monday, August 29, 2005

From the Vault: Prison is Bad

[another in an occasional look back Crime-Sprees past ... for the viewing pleasure of my visitors from Defamer]

Watched two prison documentaries this week: Gladiator Days and Scared Straight! Days investigates the backstory behind a brutal prison murder, a 67-stab wound shanking* caught on video. It's really hard to watch; at one point the shank gets stuck in the victim's skull ... yeah, it's hard to watch. Some folks have argued that killer Troy Kell is a victim of the system, as he received a no-parole life sentence at the age of 18. But, seeing as how he shot a guy six times to get that sentence, this is a really, really stupid argument.

Not that prison doesn't change you, a point made perfectly clear by Scared Straight! This 1978 documentary follows a group of young punks as they are taken into a New Jersey maximum security prison to get lectured by a bunch of scary lifers. There's a main thrust, if you will, to their threats. Allow me to present to you the two-minute version of Scared Straight!

BEFORE THE TRIP:


"I'm just a bad motherfucker. No doubt." Posted by Hello


"What up, fool?" "Word, holmes." Posted by Hello

THE LECTURE:

"...and then I'm going to rape you sideways style. After that, I'll do some rape crunches to keep the abs tight. After that, I'll beat your guts with my rape stick. Then my friends will rape you while I take a rape nap." Posted by Hello


[in the background]"rape, rape, rape." Posted by Hello


"...breakfast rape, except on Sundays, when it's brunch rape. Rape with feathers! Cream of rape!" Posted by Hello

AFTER THE LECTURE


"Is the army hiring right now? 'Cause I'd like to thank Uncle Sam for my perfectly-sized, non-distended anus."Posted by Hello


"Like, I thought prison was all tattoos and pruno. I didn't realize it involved widening my rectum like an elephant gun. I'm joining the Key Club. "Word, holmes." Posted by Hello

*67 Stab Wound Shanking is the name of my new metal band.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this site is BLAH MAN holley what is this world coming to?

9:44 PM  
Blogger The Bookhouse Boy said...

???

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home