Friday, September 02, 2005

So Stupid, So Fun

I was going to see The Constant Gardener, I swear. But I got the time wrong and when i walked to the art house on Court street, I had another three hours until the next showing. So I walked up the street to the multiplex and realized I could grab a slice of pizza and then go see Transporter 2, if that's what I wanted to do. So I did. And I had a ton of fun. What's not to like about a movie with a girl who shoots double machine pistols while wearing a sheer bra and garters, and she's soaking wet to boot (see above)? Jason Stratham is great at his passionless hero bit, and some of the martial arts scenes are top notch. Sure, the twisty plot makes almost no sense (the villian admits as much as one point: when the transporter asks him if the plot will really work, he says "That's not my concern. I'm being paid to do this." Classic.) I've been avoiding the big summer action films this year (I guess we all have), but I'm glad I closed out the summer with a bang. I'll go see The Constant Gardener soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home