Monday, October 31, 2005

The Bookhouse Boy is Dead ... Long Live the Bookhouse Boy

I've had a lot of fun with this blog over the past year (yes, I passed the one-year mark two weeks ago). However, I've gotten to a point in my life where I just can't dedicate myself to writing that isn't going anywhere, and this blog is prime suspect number one.

The best posts I did were the result of my sick mind taking over, and I'm trying to harness that bugger with fiction right now. I'm starting a novel tomorrow. Gulp. If you haven't read my story in issue #2 of thug lit, please check it out. Issue #3 came out today, so there's a whole new batch of stuff to read as well.

I'm hoping to be able to transfer the Bookhouse to my new website, taking it out of blog form, where it sucks.

My name is Jordan Harper, and I'm a freelance writer living in Brooklyn. While I'm having my homepage built, I'm going to use myspace as my online home. It's got a blog that I'm going to be using as a news service to let you know what's on my mind and new stories I've had published. Please come by and say hello.

I'd especially like to thank the true crime bloggers I've befriended since starting this blog: Laura, Steve and Trench. Keep up the good work, and don't hold me moving to fiction against me. Steve, I expect to see a book soon. Laura, soon after. Trench, just keep teasing the mutants.

So long, and thanks for all the blood!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Laura James said...

Jordan -- You've already had some early success on the fiction front and I sure hope your decision to discontinue the blog gives you lots of energy left to pursue writing that pays whether fiction or non-fiction. It's probabably going to be a lot more fun and I hope more rewarding. Stop by Clews for a visit when you're short on "blood." :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger curdesandwhey said...

Hey, bro. All I have to say is, think twice before letting this shit go. I say wallow in all the shit you have to and lick it off with a smile. Life's a bitch and it's alright to bang her from the back once in a while instead of the front... We can't go through life living the mundane - some of us are forced to do shit we'd never normally do for money, but fuck it. We can do whatever the fuck we want with words and that works just fine for me. Don't let the words go. If your words were a woman, I'd fuck her.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home