Monday, October 03, 2005

Name-dropping

Last Friday I went to the Thug Lit party to celebrate the second issue of the online magazine (see the post below). I got to meet some heavy-hitters in the crime fiction field, including Ken Bruen, Jason Starr and Charlie Stella. They were quite polite to this no-name one-story writer, and I'm going to be reviewing a lot of their work here in the future. I also met up and coming writer Pat Lambe, who was kind enough to provide me with a lot of reading material and links.

The crime fiction scene is growing here in America, as well it should be. The amount of our films that are crime-fiction severely outbalances the amount of literature that is available on the same subjects. I'm still learning, yo.

On a separate note, I didn't get a popcorn lunch this Friday as I was on a bus to DC to visit friends. But that night I did get to see Serenity, which is excellent. It's not really a crime film (although the main characters are bank robbers), so no full review. But it's very worth seeing, even if you've never watched the Joss Whedon show it's based on. Which I'm Netflixing now. This Friday I'm expecting to popcorn lunch Capote, unless something else catches my eye.

1 Comments:

Blogger ChrisWoznitza said...

Hi I´m Chris. Greatings from Germany Bottrop !!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home